SURROUNDED BY NATURE AND MAGIC.
Barú is the big peninsula that is surrounding Cartagena De Indias where the sky is converging the ocean and the shining turquois is blending with the white sand. Its green mangroves and the nature are making this to an extraordinary place.
With each of its beaches it is possible to admire the beauty of the coast area which brings you to a paradise.
You only have to open your eyes and be willing to enjoy the beauty. In a starlit night the ocean is fulfilled with shining plankton and each part of this area helps you to be one with the nature. Arrived at the southern tip you can find your inner peace, lay down in a hammock, relax and share awesome stories with the fishermen. All of this makes Barú to a budding destination.
Double private Room.
2 Single Beds
Habitación Compartida 4 camas.
2 Bunk Beds
A Paradise called BARÚ
We are located approximately 50 minutes by boat from the city of Cartagena on the southern tip of the mythical island of Barú, a natural paradise with a private beach for our guests. To make your reservation you must consider the following:
1. Transportation has an additional cost, it is not included in the room rate.
2. ONLY can be reached by boat; There are two options:
a. Take the boat in Cartagena, with an approximate journey of 50-minutes from the dock.
b. Take the boat at the pier of the town of Barú which is reached by land from Cartagena in approximately one hour, and take the boat that takes you up to our hostel within 10 minutes.
3. For the convenience of our customers, when we complete a minimum number of passengers we provide the transportation in a private sport boat, called Pegaso II, which has a capacity of 28 passengers and a certified pilot, which leaves from Cartagena at 9:00 am. In case of NOT completing the minimum quota or needing to leave later than 9:00 am we coordinate the option by land to the Barú pier and from there the boat to our Hostel.
We ensure the comfort of our customers, both in experience and costs, so we recommend taking the transport service directly with us; For this it is very important that you reserve at least one day before sending an email to email@example.com or via whatsapp + 57 318 265 3217.
We recommend you to take into account our suggestion, because unfortunately customers who have decided to arrive on their own have had bad experiences, since they usually think that Barú is only Playa Blanca. Barú has several beaches, our hostel is in Playa Bobo which is located at the southern tip of the island, approximately 30 minutes from Playa Blanca.
4. The return from the Hostel to Cartagena works the same as the first leg, the schedules are as follows:
a. By boat from the hostel to the Cartagena dock, the departure is normally at 3:30 p.m., as long as the minimum quota is met and Capitanía de Puertos does not give any instruction for a different schedule.
b. If it is by land, you will leave the Hostel to the pier of the town of Barú at 4:00 pm. and there the vehicle will take you to Cartagena. If you require a different departure time, it is possible to coordinate it by giving advance notice.
5. The lodging includes breakfast. For lunch, dinner and snacks we have a restaurant at very reasonable prices. Currently we do NOT have a community kitchen.